Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring BREAK!!!

So a week ago I thought for sure that I would have so many pictures to post today because of this past week being Kevin's spring break. I had all these grand plans that everyday we would be up early, going and doing a ton of fun, new and exciting things, making memories that we would all cherish for ever....yeah...not so much. We pretty much hung out and relaxed, which in all honesty, isn't that bad. I did FINALLY get an Illinois drivers license (I know, I know just in time to move), we went to the aquarium (again), and we went shopping (which I will never complain about). There is something to be said about not planning all your free time. Kevin and the kids had so much time just hanging out and playing together. Which I guess I take for granted because I get to do that much for often than Kevin does. I think it will hard for especially Kyle when Kevin's classes start up again. All in all it was a great week...even if there are only a couple of pictures to show for it!!!Kevin literally dusted off the Nintendo because Kyle wanted to play the racing game. This picture was taken about three minutes into the game. Anna lasted about another thirty seconds...that's about how long her attentions span is, unless she's watching Mickey Mouse!! Kyle and Kevin didn't last much longer than that. Kyle did say that the racing game (mariokart) was super fun!!
This is the only picture I took at the aquarium, mainly because we are here so often and because it's impossible to get good pictures there because of all the glass. But I liked this because I thought is was cute how all the kiddo's were lined up looking at the fish.
Oh, yeah....and I turned 28. We had a great day. We drove up north to go to an actual mall (I never realized how much I would miss malls living in a city) shopped for a few hours and ate dinner at good old Red Robin. We came home to Chocolate Carmel Toffee Cake that Kevin was so nice to make for me...DELICIOUS!!! What a great Spring Break....emphasis on the word BREAK!!!

3 comments:

Bailey Bunch said...

I am so glad that you had a great Spring Break and birthday!:) It looks like you had some nice relaxation which is always good. Lets chat soon! Miss ya!

Stacey B. said...

Happy Birthday! I just turned 29 a couple weeks ago and you know what I did for my birthday? Just exactly what you did. We went to a mall. Ben watched the kids while I shopped! Then we had a low key lunch together. I think every birthday should be like that... I shop (alone) and then hang out with my family. It's perfect really. Don't you think?

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!!! I will call you soon to get together!!