Well, HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!! We've had a great couple of days full of the usual festivities. First we started by carving the pumpkins that we picked up at the patch.
As you can tell, Kyle was VERY unsure of the pumpkin guts. In fact when he actually touched it he was so grossed out that he was on the verge of tears (a little strange, I know)
This is as close as they got. All the really did was spoon out the air that was in the pumpkin...not a lot of help.
The finished jack-o-lanterns. Anna and I did the small one, Kevin and Kyle did the big one.
Then the day before Halloween, Kyle's pre-school class had a little party. It was pretty small, but fun none the less. Here is a picture of his class. (he's the monkey)
Then the big night of trick or treats!! The kids were very excited to get out and knock those doors. As you can see Kyle is a monkey (AGAIN)...those of you with good memories will see that this costume is the same as last years costume. What can I say, other than no amount of talking could convince him to be anything else. He still loves Curious George and honestly I was just relieved that the costume still fit. The only downside is that he was ROASTING in it the entire evening. The full fleece costumes was great for Chicago last year but a not so great for the 77 degrees that we had here in Dallas. And Anna was a "pink Fairy" as she stated. She had to get used to the wings but once she did she really enjoyed pretending to fly.
We went out with some of the kids in our neighborhood.
As you can tell, Kyle was VERY unsure of the pumpkin guts. In fact when he actually touched it he was so grossed out that he was on the verge of tears (a little strange, I know)
This is as close as they got. All the really did was spoon out the air that was in the pumpkin...not a lot of help.
The finished jack-o-lanterns. Anna and I did the small one, Kevin and Kyle did the big one.
Then the day before Halloween, Kyle's pre-school class had a little party. It was pretty small, but fun none the less. Here is a picture of his class. (he's the monkey)
Then the big night of trick or treats!! The kids were very excited to get out and knock those doors. As you can see Kyle is a monkey (AGAIN)...those of you with good memories will see that this costume is the same as last years costume. What can I say, other than no amount of talking could convince him to be anything else. He still loves Curious George and honestly I was just relieved that the costume still fit. The only downside is that he was ROASTING in it the entire evening. The full fleece costumes was great for Chicago last year but a not so great for the 77 degrees that we had here in Dallas. And Anna was a "pink Fairy" as she stated. She had to get used to the wings but once she did she really enjoyed pretending to fly.
We went out with some of the kids in our neighborhood. 


10 comments:
Your kids look adorable!! I loved Anna's little wings and kyle's face while carving the pumpkins!! so
funny!
So cute! I love Anna's costume!
Jordan and Kyle were twinners - and I totally plan on him wearing it again next year. That's funny! Anna looks adorable all in pink - so cute!
Hey Wendy! It's Kara Johnson! You and your family are so cute! Guess what? I've started a blog. I would love it if you would read it and link it to your blog. And please comment so I know you were there!
http://karastrueconfessions.blogspot.com
I love the outfits, especially Anna's wings. And that's awesome that Kyle wore the same outfit twice in a row. I hope he doesn't plan on trying to fit into it next year :o)
I am glad your kiddos had fun trick or treating. It was great to talk to you on Friday! Miss you and love ya tons!:)
Cute costumes. I'm glad you guys are doing well in Texas. I hope we make it out there this coming Spring. love you guys....
Happy Halloween. Your kids look adorable in their costumes. I think Elaina felt the same way about her pumpkin carving experience. She basically ate candy and watched us to it. We miss you guys!
Your kids are so dang cute! I love kyle's face when doing the pumkins! The costumes are way cute! I MISS YOU! It looks like you are enjoying Texas! Love your house! Hope all is going Well! Your the best mom ever!
Your kids look so cute. It looks like you had a fun halloween!
Post a Comment