This week we had a great day at Sonny Acre Farms. It's a pumpkin patch/little carnival about an hour outside of the city and so worth the drive. We went with some friends and seriously the day couldn't have been more a success. The best and most surprising thing was that Kyle rode on the rides. Those of you who know Kyle well know that he isn't the most adventurous child, lots of things make him nervous. For example last year when we came here he only would look at the train, he wouldn't ride it. So I didn't know what he was going to do this year. Man was I so happy when he got on the train and had a great time. The farm wasn't crowded at all so he got to ride the train three times and the cars once. Anna of course was being a good little girl sitting in the stroller watching all the fun...sometimes I feel bad for her but I know it's only a matter of time and she will be big enough to ride the train with Kyle. It was such a fun day!!
Kyle and friends on the little train!
Ride #3, Kyle and Lucy driving and you can tell they are all squealing with delight!!
Hey mom!! I'm riding a ride!!
Poor Anna strapped in and looking at the animals!!
I'm sure Kyle is wishing he could drive that!!!
Kyle and friends on the little train!
Ride #3, Kyle and Lucy driving and you can tell they are all squealing with delight!!
Hey mom!! I'm riding a ride!!
Poor Anna strapped in and looking at the animals!!
I'm sure Kyle is wishing he could drive that!!!
10 comments:
I love pumpkin patches! They are a cute way to add a little flare to the Fall!
Those are the cutest pics, I can't believe how much they look like one another. I love this time of the year its so fun and festive. We are heading to the patch this sat can't wait...
you´re kids are adorable.....and everyone in the family has bright, blue eyes!!!! i´m so glad that you found me thru sherri´s blog....i´ve been wondering what you were up to since last may when i hung out with sherri and sam in the chezch republic in europe. you looks great. we will definately have to keep in touch this way.....i work at primary children´s hospital in salt lake and at nights i check all my friends blogs.....i just read up all you entries.
Your kids are getting bigger and bigger. How cute! I love this time of year with the pumpkins and everything. I am glad you guys are doing well. Love ya lots!
So cute! I love the picture of the kids looking at the tractor. Would you recommend Sonny Acre Farms for adults?? I want to go to a pumpkin farm on Saturday, but I want to go to one that's quaint and not gimmicky...
The pumpkin patch looks like so much fun. Oh, to be a kid again! I guess we have them so we get to do all of those fun things again!
How fun that you have so many friends with kids your age to enjoy these fun things with.... I am sure you all great time.
I meant friends with kids the same age as your kids :-)
Hey there! I am so glad that you found my blog. What a pleasant surprise. Wow, long time no see. I am jealous that you are in Chicago. I LOVE Chicago. What are you doing there? Do you live in the city? I want details.
Your kids are adorable and you look great as always!!!
I want kids just so I can have an excuse to go to a pumpkin patch and spend the day! (I don't think Mitch would really enjoy a whole day there) You have such a cute family.
Post a Comment