Monday, March 1, 2010

Sick of being Sick!

This has been our sickest winter ever!!  Seems like it's that way for everyone. In the last 6 weeks and I have been to our pediatrician's office 10 times, and all but one of them were for baby Colin.  Poor baby has an older brother in school so if Kyle gets something little like a cold Colin gets it too but worse....like RSV and then Pneumonia two weeks later.  I don't want to jinx us, but I think we are on the mend.  All I have to say is I have a testimony of modern medicine, specifically breathing treatments and anit-biotics!!!
Colin doing one of his many breathing treatments
He got pretty used to them...it's still weird to see your little guy breathing in a smoke like substance though.
I can't believe how happy this kid has been through all of this.  There is no way there is a happier baby out there.  I'm a lucky mama!!

7 comments:

Jacee McGuire said...

I am so happy that your little guy is on the mend. You have been amazing through it all. Collin is the happiest baby I have ever seen! He is so cute.

Rachel said...

That's so sad to see a little breathing mask on him. I bet it was a rough month for you too. I hope things are on the mend. Colin is such a cutie.

Lindsey T said...

I'm sorry you've had such a rough month! Sick babies are the worst!!! Those pictures of Colin doing the breathing treatments brought back not-too-fond memories of my little Charlie doing the same. It's not fun, but I'm glad there's something they can do about it!! Hope this month is better!

Stacey B. said...

Oh, he is so cute, even with a huge mask over his face! It is my least favorite thing when my kids get sick. If they are just more cuddly and hang out on the couch, that's fine with me. But when medical intervention is required, I'm so not a fan! Sorry he had such a bad winter. Rylee has had a cold for about 3 months now and I'm pretty sick of it too. I need sleep!
Thanks for your comment on my blog! I was just thinking about all our fun times at the testing center...so fun! Miss you!

Burke family said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea he had RSV. All of the new babies here have gotten it too. So sad! This is just the worst winter for sickness. I love that cute smile on his face despite it all. :)

Bailey Bunch said...

Man Wendy!!!!! You have had a rough time. I wish I was there to help you!!!!! I am glad he is still so happy besides being sick.

rawhide said...

i take care of sick kids all the time....with rsv and pneumonia...i´m glad he is getting better and he is so good to just sit there with the mask on his face...we have t ¡o be pretty sneaky in the hospital sometimes.