Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bitter cold and tons of lights!!

The Lincoln Park Zoo lights up at Christmas time...litereally...because they decorate it with beautiful Christmas lights. Last night we bundled up and went to enjoy the festivities. It was so much fun. There were ice sculptures being made, animals (mostly sleeping) to look at and of course lights galore!! I was surprised how much the bitter cold didn't bother the kids. I recommend it to anyone who is in Chicago over the holidays!!Me and the kids on our way out!!
Kevin and Kyle watching the sea lions and the dancing lights!
Kyle and friends dancing by a snowman!!!

7 comments:

Molly said...

Hello Wendy!! I've actually been checking your blog periodically the last couple of months!! I'm blogging-challenged and just learned how to post! Your children are beautiful, and things look great with your family. I've actually changed my blog site:

http://web.mac.com/thegistofus/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

I'm just learning, so don't laugh! I'm so excited to be back in touch with you. Love you, Molly

emilie s. d. p. said...

What a perfect place to go and enjoy the season! I LOVE the Zoo. It looks beautiful with all the lights. Too bad it was so cold, windy too I'm sure. Good for you and your family- bundling up and braving the weather. Sometimes that's just what you have to do this time of year. It pays off though in good memories and pictures.

manders said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun even if it was freezing. Can't wait to see you guys this thursday.
luv ya

Bailey Bunch said...

You look so cute!:) I can't wait to see you guys this week. I can't believe it has been a year! Time flies!:) Love ya lots and have a safe flight.:)

Heidi said...

Clark really wanted to go to this, but we ran out of time! It looks so fun! We'll have to go next year...

Anonymous said...

I desperately want to visit Chicago! It has been a city that has always intrigued me. What a great blessing to experience such a wonderful place with your darling family!

Alicia said...

Wendy, cute family! We've both come a long way since freshman year. Check out my blog at carlsens.blogspot.com

Alicia Carlsen (aka Bartholomew)