Monday, February 8, 2010

Learning as I go....

I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I don't know how to sew.  I'm learning as I go.  I made this quilt..thanks to charm packs (pre-cut squares of fabric that match...you probably already new that, but I didn't) and a good friend who convinced me to buy them...

I must say that I just love looking at it.  It's not perfect, but I made it all the way down to the binding.

I also made superhero capes for my big kiddo's.  They are reversible batman/superman capes.  Black and red for Kyle and pink and purple for Anna.  I knew that if I made a cape for Kyle that Anna would want one too....she is not a girlie-girl at all but she does love pink and purple.  Perfect!! Now they each have one and we can tell who's is who's.


I don't know why they are looking at each other like that....hopefully thinking good thoughts!!!
They both wore them all day yesterday and put them on first thing this morning (Anna is still wearing her's and Kyle put his in a safe place for some after-school-crime-fighting!!!)

And this little guy is still happy just to have a full tummy and a clean bottom!!

14 comments:

Rachel said...

That quilt looks beautiful Wendy! And great job on the capes. How fun for Kyle and Anna!

Sara and Daniel said...

The quilt looks great Wendy!! And your kids are looking as cute as ever! Colin is growing up too quick!

Jenny said...

I love the capes - I may need to get that pattern. Great job on the quilt.

Mark and Sandy said...

Way to go Wendy!

Sherri said...

Impressive! Those projects don't look beginning level at all.

Burke family said...

Look at you! The quilt looks great and the capes are so fun. You are like a pro already!

Lindsey T said...

Wow, you're my hero! I still need a sewing machine...someday! Great job, I bet they love those capes!

Mark and Sandy said...

I also just love Colin's smiles!

Bailey Bunch said...

Congrats on the sewing! I have no idea how to do it. Just one more reason why I admire you more! Miss you my friend!

Karin S said...

U R AMAZING! I want to be just like you when i grow up. It was so fun talking to you today! I miss you! Love the quilt and capes! What a good mom you are! Love Ya! :)

Kristen said...

Good job Wendy! I'm so proud of you! They look fabulous! I'll call you later.

manders said...

Wow! I love the quilt it looks beautiful and the capes are too cute. Love it

Christianne said...

You did such a great job. I have wanted to make capes but never have - your look great! Did you do iron ons for the superman shield - or whatever it is called? You look like you are a really fast learner

rawhide said...

good job on the quilt....i never knew about those things.....maybe i should try making a quilt again.